September 23

Blog 5

Describe ways in which you feel like Arjuna.

The other day all I wanted to do was sleep so after getting up from a nap seemed  the end of the world, although later after hanging out with a few friends I was so glad I didn’t just keep sleeping. Similarly Arjuna had a huge internal decision to make when he had to make the choice to fight his kinsmen.

How could you specifically apply the message of the Bhagavad Gita?

Specifically trying to apply the Bhagavad Gita to this scenario, I would say it was my duty to keep a promise of hanging out like I originally planned to do.

How would the ancient Indian perspective of the Bhagavad Gita be VERY different than the 21st Century American perspective of doing one’s duty? 

I think that the 21st century doesn’t really follow to closely on a belief system like the Bhagavad Gita, it is less about being the best them they could be and more about what is good for me right now.

Now, venture back to ancient India. Think of a way the Bhagavad Gita could be used as a tool of oppression

The hierarchy and social classes involved in the Bhagavad Gita could potentially lead higher ups to oppress their servants into acting better in order to be reincarnated.

Posted September 23, 2017 by hemmingmorgan in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “Blog 5

1. pjsturtevant

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT

Reply